Welcome to the Foundation of Coast Guard History
The Foundation for Coast Guard History is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote the recognition and prestige of the United States Coast Guard by emphasizing its illustrious past and contributions to the nation.
You can participate by becoming a member. By doing so, you will be showing your special interest in our nation’s oldest continuous naval service, or maritime service. All membership fees are tax deductible.
What We Do
- Create educational opportunities for studies in U.S. Coast Guard history
- Assist the Coast Guard Historian with accessioning of archival material
- Advance public knowledge of the U.S. Coast Guard through contests, grants, and scholarships
- Promote publication and artwork of Coast Guard history
- Support programs of the U.S. Coast Guard Historian’s Office and the Coast Guard Museum
- Provide internships for records-management projects of U.S. Coast Guard historical documents
- Publish manuscripts and artwork created from Coast Guard resources
- Restore and present historic properties and artifacts in association with The National Trust for Historic Preservation