The Foundation for Coast Guard History website is under construction. Check back soon for the grand relaunch of the new Foundation for Coast Guard History Website.
The Foundation for Coast Guard History is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote the recognition and prestige of the United States Coast Guard by emphasizing its illustrious past and contributions to the nation.
You can participate by becoming a member. Members will be showing their special interest in our nation’s oldest continuous naval service, or maritime service. All membership fees are tax deductible.
What We Do
• Create educational opportunities for studies in U.S. Coast Guard history
• Assist the Coast Guard Historian with accessioning of archival material
• Advance public knowledge of the U.S. Coast Guard through contests, grants and scholarships
• Promote publication and artwork of Coast Guard history
• Build and maintain an internet site for Coast Guard history
• Support programs of the U.S. Coast Guard Historian’s Office and the Coast Guard museum
• Endowments for the studies in Coast Guard history
• Internships for records-management projects of U.S. Coast Guard historical documents
• Publishing manuscripts and artwork created from Coast Guard resources
• Restoration and presentation of historic properties and artifacts in association with The National Trust for Historic Preservation